Saturday, July 09, 2005

Escape Artist


This is one of our ferrets, Riley. He got out of the house tonight, and was missing for about 1 1/2 hours. Fortunately, he always wears a harness with a name tag and a bell. Some nice people in the next street found him in their kitchen and gave us a call. He has gotten out before, and we've always found him in the yard. We aren't as worried about him finding his way home again as we are about dogs, eagles, and cars.

In knitting news, I decided to make Kiri again. I have a cone of wool that I bought off eBay, and then decided it wasn't really my color. It a dark blue/black that I love, but it has bits of green, yellow and pink in it. It is a fingering/sport weight (19 wpi), and I think it will be nice. I started on it tonight sitting by the fire in the back yard, but frogged it after the 8th row because I decided I want to go down a needle size. By then it was getting too dark to knit anyways, so I'll probably start it again tomorrow.