Monday, July 11, 2005

Kiri Progress

This is a lovely skein of handspun that I received from June as a prize for donating to Claudia's MS ride. It is 100g of heavy worsted weight (spun dense), 100% wool (Mary Pratt Merino x Romney). (Yes, I copied that from Claudia's blog.) I haven't decided yet what I am going to do with it, but it will definitely be saved for something special.

So, Saturday morning I cast on again for Kiri, and again I got about 8 rows done before I frogged it. I decided the stitch markers I was using were too big and were throwing my gauge off every place I used one. So I took a break and made stitch markers.



Then I cast on again, and worked on it on Saturday, and a bit on Sunday. I am about 50 rows into it, and have about 129 stitches on the needles. Judging by the size it is so far I am guestimating it will take about 150 rows total to end up about 60 inches wide after blocking. This is a wonderful pattern. Even though I have already decided to give this away, I keep looking at it and thinking 'I could just keep it.' But I know I would never use it, so I would rather it went to someone who did.