Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Look what came in the mail

The yarn I ordered from Danette Taylor Designs came in today. 3 skeins of baby alpaca in the colorway referred to as Pony-puke. This is for a gift, and the person it's for will love the colors, fortunately. They really aren't my colors at all. But the yarn is wonderful, and I think I will enjoy knitting with it.

The second yarn is for me. It is 700 yards of superwash merino. The colorway is Bouquet. I don't know what I am going to do with this, but I liked the colors, and since I was ordering the pony-puke anyways, I ordered this for me. (I ordered all this about 2 hours before my husband told me about his upcoming dental ordeal.)

Progress shot on my bag. I still need to graft the seam at the bottom, and I think I'll get about 10 more inches before I run out of yarn. Then we'll see how it felts. The colors look a bit odd together now, but because I used these for slippers already, I know that they will look quite different after I felt it. I think they'll be fine together then.


I worked on Kiri last night, and got another repeat done. Tonight I want to work on my afghan square, and of course, I have to get some housework done too.

One last picture--my cat Jerri, just because she was feeling left out.