Sunday, July 17, 2005

Rainy, lazy Sunday

Well, I have done some knitting this weekend, but I have no pictures becasue it is pissing rain today, and the light is awful. Here is a picture of the rain hitting my little tank pond. And also one of the street so you can see how bad the light really is. Southeast Alaska is full of "grey days" with a few gorgeous bright ones thrown in just so we don't all move somewhere else.

Anyways, Friday afternoon was one of the great ones, so we grilled steaks and sat around the fire in the backyard with a friend. I knit another repeat on Kiri, then my count ended up off somewhere, and by then it was too dark to find the mistake, so I put it away.

Satuday I worked on my bag, and got about 4 inches done on it while finishing The Most Beautiful House in the World. I really enjoyed it, but I have a thing about books about remodeling, building, etc. I think I have a plan for how I want the bag to look now. I picked up some bamboo rings that I want to use for the handles. I'll try to sketch out what I am thinking and scan it for you.

Also yesterday, I signed up for stitch ya neck out, a scarf swap that looks like it will be a lot of fun. Then I had to go to my lys and buy the Scarf Style book (and a set of size 13 dpns, and another ball of wool for my "scrap"bag). I also ordered some yarn from here, and some patterns from here. SHH! Don't tell my husband!

I have been fighting a cold for the last few days, and today it's winning. So I think I'll stay out of the rain and spend the day knitting, and start the next book on my pile: The Secret Life of Bees.

Hope there is sun where you are.