Monday, September 12, 2005

Kiri Unblocked

I finished Kiri this past weekend, and her she is, unblocked. I attempted to block her yesterday, but ran into a couple problems. I have a small house and too many pets, so finding enough space to block something this large is a problem. I can't use the floor because of the pets, and I don't have carpet either. I can't use our bed, because in our climate nothing dries in one day, and my DH is understanding about many things, but sleeping on the floor because my shawl is on the bed isn't one of them.

When I made my previous Kiri, I used a sleeping bag and a sheet. I spread them out on our bed and pinned out the shawl. Then at bed time my DH and I carefully carried it out to the living room, and draped it over the back of the couch. I tried that yesterday with this one, but it didn't really work. The sleeping bag is too flexible, and so it didn't stay tight enough. Also, last time the cats left it alone, but this time, but this time, they kept trying to sleep on the back of the couch, and messed with it.

So I have been trying to think of how and where to block it. I though about using the floor in my office next weekend. It is carpeted so that would be fine, as long as my boss isn't planning on working at all. He usually brings his dogs with him if goes in, and that would be bad. The other idea I thought of is buying a sheet of insul-form or homosote, but then I have the problem of where to store it. I will keep thinking about it, and if I don't come up with a better idea by Friday, I'll ask my boss about using the office this weekend.