Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

I don't have any pictures yet of Stephanie's Turtleneck Shrug for the SYNO scarf swap because it is not dry yet. After talking with Stephanie about it, we decided that I would finish it up and send it, and then she could try it before deciding if she wanted to get another ball of yarn and add to the length of the neck. So I cast off, and gave it a bath, and now it is drying. Hopefully I will get all the ends woven in and take photos tomorrow, but It may be the weekend before I get it done.

I am working on a devil hat for my 4 year old nephew. I started with the Snow Devil Hat Pattern but it is a complicated pattern, and I got frustrated trying to figure it out, and change the size at the same time. So I used the horns from that pattern, and I am going to attach them to the Brioche Helmet Hat from the fall 2005 Interweave Knits. I will go back later and make the Snow Devil Hat though, I just don't have time right now spend on it, and I think my nephew will like this style hat better as well. I like the helmet hat a lot. I am thinking I may upsize it and make one for my DH for a winter hat.

I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow. Our Thanksgiving tradition is to stay home and have a pajama day. We don't cook, and we don't stress. We either cook a turkey in advance, or some years, like this one, buy sliced turkey at the deli. Then we have sandwiches, fruit and cheese, deserts, etc. All easy food, and no one has to spend the day in the kitchen. We watch movies and play board games, and just hang out and enjoy each other's company. All three of us look forward to Thanksgiving every year. We started doing this about 10 years ago--I was working 3 jobs that November (only for about 3 weeks thankfully but I had been working 2 jobs for several months). Thanksgiving was the first day I had off in over a month. So I took the day off-- completely. We haven't been able to do this every year as some years we are invited somewhere and can't refuse without offending someone. Some people don't understand that we would rather spend the day at home doing nothing than with them. But any year we are able to, we take advantage of it and enjoy it. This year with all of us getting over nasty colds, it is a particularly good year to stay home.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving doing the things you enjoy.