Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Turtleneck Shrug

I took this first photo this morning on my way to work, about 8:15.
The second one I took when I got back from lunch, at 2:30. You can see why I am having trouble taking any decent photos--there is no light here.

During lunch I tried to take photos of Stephanie's turtleneck shrug, but as you can see, they came out darker than I would have liked. Hopefully Stephanie will post some photos when she receives the shrug.

The Turtleneck shrug is from the Scarf Style book, and is an interesting design. I have seen photos of a number of people with these, and I like the look, but I never wear turtlenecks because they seem restrictive to me. I really enjoyed working with this yarn, it is Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran Tweed (85% wool, 10% silk, 5% cashmere). It was very soft while knitting, and felt aabsolutly wonderful after a bit of a bath with some gentle shampoo. I will definately want to use this yarn again.
6 skeins of yarn came out short for the shrug, I ran out with the turtleneck at 6" rather than the 8" specified in the pattern. After talking with Stehanie about it, we decided I would go ahead and send it so she could try it as is, and if it is too short she will order more yarn and add to the neck. I intended to not weave in the final end so it would be easy for her to rip out the cast off if that was what she wanted to do, but I was watching a movie, and forgot to leave it undone. Sorry Steph, I hope its not too much trouble for you.